Wednesday 29 January 2014

CRC Letter

Well the "Unwelcome Choice" has finally resulted in my Probation Trust having now allocated me to a Community Rehabilitation Company. I received the letter this morning at work, but the outcome was not a surprise as I am a Probation Service Officer who did not make an expression of interest for either the New Probation Service or a Community Rehabilitation Company.

Even though I knew where I was going, today was just the most awful day I have ever experienced in Probation land. You could see hurt and pain in colleagues faces and when some people started crying I was ready for the door. It was just awful, and I only made it till the end of the day because I was on duty, and didn't want to leave work for colleagues who had enough on their plates. Not that I did a lot of work, as it was just impossible to focus on work for long.

Anyway, I've had my tea and just opened one of only two bottles of beer, and I suppose I should be thankful that I haven't got any more bottles as I would probably have an exceedingly rough day tomorrow too! 

Too try to put it into context, I've almost had better days appearing before Crown Court and getting custodial sentences, then today's day at in my Probation Office. But then again, public service workers haven't been treated much differently to people in a dock - punished and put down - but at least in a dock they know what they are being punished and put down for!

A memorable day I'm sure, but an awful day - an "Unwelcome Choice" made for us by an Unwelcome Government. Roll on the next election! 



No comments:

Post a Comment