Thursday 16 January 2014

So How Do I Feel To My TR Assignment?


I wrote the following thought in response to a question on the NAPO forum about how you feel be assigned to a CRC/NPS. I thought I would blog them to keep a record of my ups and downs with the Transforming Rehabilitation.

Now, I've not actually been assigned as that is due to come to me later this month,  but I know where I’m going as I am a PSO case manager who has not given an expression of interest.

It’s one thing privatising the probation trusts, but I think the way staff have been treated is just another thing altogether - unbelievable, shocking and appalling.

How do I feel about my place in a CRC - I feel demeaned, distressed, scared, de-motivated, depressed, angry, resignatation to my fate (since Tuesday's 3rd reading), and guilt for feeling those things!

Those wee feelings have resulted in sick days, sleepless nights, worry, emotional upset, an overwhelming sense of disorientation while trying to keeping focussed on duties (when all I could think of was the TR shambles).

For sure this Government care to privatise the probation service, but in my opinion there is no way they have cared for public servants. Things could have been thought through, less rushed, given more care to detail, more compassionate and done with some humanity.


I’ve not lost confidence in the Government for its privatisation plans, although I don’t agree with them, I’ve lost confidence in Government because of the way that it treats people who are in the way of its ideology and power.

On the positive side I've had feelings of gratitude to other colleagues, union members, friends, and people who I don't know who have supported, assisted, given voice, and protested on behalf of the Probation Service and that putting profit before people is not right.

No comments:

Post a Comment